Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Past

"We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude toward it.
Uproot guilt and plant forgiveness.  Tear out arrogance and seed humility.
Exchange love for hate thereby, making the present comfortable and the future promising."--Maya Angelou

This is my thought for today. 

Last evening, I was angered by someone.  But instead of arguing, I chose to go for a ride.  I looked for the beauty surrounding me.  I saw the flowers, the trees, and the sunset.  I passed by an old friend's house.  I passed by a new friend's house.  And even though I did not stop to visit, I knew they were there for me if I needed them.   What a blessing!

And today, instead of feeling bitter and angry toward that person, I feel at peace with myself.

Thank you God for your wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment