Tuesday, April 12, 2011

" They're Back "


EAGLE NEBULA
GOD'S CREATION
 In the real world the title of this blog would be a line from the movie "Poltergeist".  If you saw the movie, it is when the "evil" poltergeist return to the television and are calling to the little girl to return to the "other" world.  But here, in my world and in this blog, I am talking about the two things that seem to plague me the most in life:  Depression and Loneliness.  I went to my women's group today.  While I was there, it seemed okay.  I may have even made them laugh a few times.  Ah yes, I can be the comic relief.  But when I come home and am left drowning in my despair, I wonder what is the use of it all.  I am not sure it is a good fit.  I have only been twice so I should not be so quick to decide if it is right or wrong for me.  I can empathize with these ladies and they are suffering tremendously, as am I, in many similar ways.  Well, I just talked myself into returning next week!!  I just realized that maybe God has put me there for a reason.  Maybe, I can help them in some way or fashion.  That is really what I want...to help because it is the RIGHT thing to do.  Then perhaps, just maybe, it will lead to me feeling needed by someone in the human race, which would help my depression and loneliness (The Circle of Life).  Is not this the purpose of our life...to help others with their disabilities, pain, and suffering?  As fellow travelers on our journey Home, I do believe that is one of the most important things we as Christians can do.  Many times the Lord works THROUGH US because that is where He resides.  We are His home.  We are the vessel He uses here on earth to reach others and to help them know Him.  I have to believe that this is what He is asking of me.  At this time in my life, I need to be His helper.

No comments:

Post a Comment