Monday, May 2, 2011

"To Exist is to Change"


IT'S A ROCKY WORLD---NASA photo


No one said life would be smooth....

“…for a conscious being, to exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.”  Henri Bergson

Question:  Change, change, and more change…is this why we exist?   

Answer:  “The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind.”  William Blake

VOILA!  Therein lies the answer…if we do not change we become stagnant; our minds become filled with algae…like the pool of water without air, without movement.  We die, maybe not physically, but spiritually and emotionally. No one says that change is easy.  But, change we must.  Try something new; jump onto another path; create a new journey. 

Why is it I can write about this so easily, yet when I try to incorporate it into my life it is almost impossible?  Yes, I am resistant to change.  But, through the years I have changed very much.  Mostly for the better, that is my hope and strictly my opinion.  Yet, it is not enough.  I always want to change more.  Now that I have found the above quotes, I finally realize why the yearning to change is always calling me.  It is human nature to change.  I knew that but here it is in black and white!  Set in ‘rock’ so to speak!  If we do not follow this yearning…who in their right mind wants ‘reptiles’ crawling around in their brain?  NOT ME!   So, I will continue to search.  I will continue to question.  I will decide what I need for my continued growth.  I will decide who is a part of my life.  If they are angry, negative people they will not be part of my circle of life.  Anger and negativity does not create.  If they are condescending and look down upon me or others…it is THEIR LOSS.  Life is too short.  Every day, I realize this more and more.  Today I had news from my Godmother who has ALS.  Her sister has Alzheimer’s and has been put into assisted living.  She is only around seventy years old.  After almost overdosing on her medication and spending six days in the hospital, they had to make the ‘hard’ decision.  It is not easy to put a loved one into a ‘home’.  I know this from experience.  The guilt it causes is extremely difficult to bear.  At least it was for me.  It was a frightening experience.  But, back to the point…LIFE IS SHORT PEOPLE.  Wake up and realize what is important.  We could be gone tomorrow and regrets could fill our minds.  We need to move before it is too late.  REACH OUT!  TOUCH SOMEONE!  You could be the reason someone smiles.  You could be the avenue to help a person out of loneliness or depression.   You, yes you.




No comments:

Post a Comment